Software Development Engineer (SDE III)DetailsType: Full TimeLocation:
- Remote, U.S. Based
- Preference for a candidate in the Seattle, Washington area
ThinkReservations is the leading cloud-based SaaS Property Management System (PMS) in the United States. With over 1,800+ hotels using our property/reservation management system, channel manager, and booking engine, we are focused on bringing additional tools and functionality that will allow our customers to continue to save time and increase revenue.
Our employees are self-motivated, natural problem solvers, who share our purpose of helping businesses succeed by designing and building effective business solutions. Each person embodies our three core values and plays a key role in contributing to the success of our growing business.
Customers First: Consider our customers' success in all of our actions.
Be passionate: Care about what we do and let our passion guide us to the problems we need to solve.
Deliver results: Ask questions, search for answers, drive solutions.
About the Role & Responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer (SDE III), you will report directly to our Chief Technology Officer and be responsible for designing and building the software solutions for our clients as a technical lead across the department.
Within your role as the SDE III you will be asked to:
- Have a deep knowledge of the entire system, its domain, and its technology
- Tackle problems and develop simple and straight-forward solutions to solve them
- Be a strong technical resource for the department
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve system issues
- Effectively communicate and mediate discussions, especially when it comes to delivered software
- Implement processes to improve quality and efficiency of the department
- Drive solutions to problems faced by multiple teams throughout the company
- Create documentation regarding design documents, specific operating procedures, etc.
- Create and maintain testing infrastructure to drive project resiliency
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Maintain and enhance the infrastructure as it relates to operations.
- Conduct code reviews
- Mentor other SDEs (I and II)
- Stay on the forefront of technology and bring best practices into the department
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate is a strong developer who is confident in their ability to design and build technical solutions to challenging problems and who can engage in effective communication with the team. We are looking for someone who can work broadly across the department or deeply in one area if needed and who will be a strong role model that personifies our company values.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Extensive experience with the following technologies:
- Extensive experience with the following tools:
- Amazon Web Services
- Strong debugging experience with the ability to determine the cause of a system issue and drive a resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and enhance software architecture.
- Strong listening and reading comprehension skills as well as the ability to relay information effectively in both oral and written form.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to manage your own schedule to prioritize effectively and deliver results.
- A customer first mindset and a passion to help resolve the pain points of the businesses in the overnight lodging industry.
- An area in your home with limited distractions that can act as a home office.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- 100% remote working environment
- Company Health Insurance Plan - we cover 50% of the employee's premium
- Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, and Life Insurance available at a group rate
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Personal Time Off, Sick Leave, Bereavement, Voting, and Parental Leave
- 7 Paid Holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday, Christmas Day
- Access to 401k Company Plan
- Computer and associated essential tech equipment for your home office
Base salary starts at $180k USD and is dependent upon experience.
ThinkReservations ensures that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
At ThinkReservations, we are driven by our mission to provide the lodging industry with the tools they need to be successful. We create software to help businesses increase revenue, save time, and provide the guest with a better experience.
It takes a dedicated team of people to make that mission possible. If you want to work for a company where you can make a positive impact on the way people run their business, where you'll earn the respect and trust of your customers, and where you'll be challenged outside your comfort zone, then ThinkReservations is the place for you.